on the trigger
To help your international customers enjoy viewing the content in their native language, your Shopify store can be made multilingual. It is possible to translate the theme itself, product descriptions, and store pages, including checkout.
There is a range of requirements for a store to be made multilingual:
- it should be on one of the Shopify plans that allows selling in different languages;
- there should be installed a supported third-party translational app;
- the theme installed in the store should have the functionality of selling in different languages;
- there is a language selector available in the theme.
Although every Shopify plan, except for the Lite, provides the option to sell in different languages, there are some minor differences between them:
- Basic Shopify, Shopify, or Advanced Shopify have the default of up to 5 languages available for the store;
- Shopify Plus has up to 20 languages available for the store.
A translation app
A store can be translated into different languages with the help of a compatible third-party app that you can find on the Shopify App Store.
A theme suitable for translations
All free themes from Shopify are compatible with different languages, sometimes they may require an update to work properly. Not all the themes have this functionality by default, so in these cases it may require editing the theme’s code.
We can help you:
- change the language of your Shopify store;
- choose the translational app that best suits your needs;
- install and set up the app, solving any possible issues along the way;
- adjust a theme to being multilingual where possible;
- translating a store’s checkout;
- help with your store’s multilingual issues overall.
Translating your store is easy with us, just fill in the form and get the job done!